I chanced upon vPOST quite some time ago, but I was not ready to ship anything via vPOST then. Mainly because of the complication, doubt and fear that the shipping costs might turn out to be expensive. However, having taken on a part time job recently, I have thus decided to give it a try since I’ve earn some bucks! Maybe if it’s too expensive, it would just be this time round and no more second chance, or maybe not. :>
The total shipping cost was SGD34.36 for two packages (with promo code of 30% off shipment fees),
- Forever21 – actual weight 1.2kg | chargeable weight 3kg
- Beauty Encounter – actual weight 0.2kg | chargeable weight 0.6kg
Shipping Fee Calculation:
- Base Charge SGD13.40 – this is a one-time charge. Which means you can buy as many packages from as many merchants at once, and ship them together, this base charge would only be SGD13.40, no more no less.
- Weight Charge SGD7.20 per kg, minimum chargeable weight is 0.5kg and an incremental weight break of 0.1kg thereafter. This means, for a package that ranges from 0 – 500g, the charge would be cap at a minimum of SGD3.60. For example, my Beauty Encounter package, with a chargeable weight of 0.6kg, the first 0.5kg is charged for SGD3.60, an additional 0.1kg is charged at SGD0.72, which totals up to SGD4.32.
- Fuel Charge SGD1.90 per kg, similarly minimum chargeable weight is 0.5kg and an incremental weight break of 0.1kg thereafter. The same calculation method applies here. For Beauty Encounter package, the first 0.5kg is charged for SGD0.95, an additional 0.1kg is charged at SGD0.19.
There’s also a shipping calculator available on vPOST website which gives a rough estimate of the shipping cost. But I guess the challenge would be estimating the chargeable weight of the parcel. I suggest ordering in large quantities by collating orders from friends to save on the shipping cost!
(A snapshot of vPOST website.)
P.S: I’ve gonna try another shipping service soon! Probably the next batch of F21.
Since cosmetics are applied on our faces, it is important for us to ensure that these products are authentic. Unauthentic products may cause unnecessary conditions on our skin. This shop has been trusted since 1999, providing consumers with 100% authentic product guarantee. It offers competitive prices, huge varieties for selection and free samples with every order! Free domestic shipping on orders USD60 and above, below USD60, standard ground shipping costs USD5.95. Furthermore, you can earn BE points with every order! Upon creating a BE account, you will receive 250points, and for the amount spent, it will add on as BE points. Every review on products will also earn you 15 points! With 1000 points earned, you will get to redeem $10.00 that is usable when you checkout for your goodies!
Let’s start with my bundle of goodies! Basically, I bought a parcel of NYX cosmetics. Which consists of three lipsticks, one eyeliner, and one eye pencil. And for spending $10 at the Beauty Encounter, I’ve got myself a free gift : Neutrogena Instant Lip Remedy!
And thank myself so much for being a GIFT-SET-MAGNET, I was attracted by the caption that says “Free NYX Cosmetics 2 Piece Gift Set with any $25 NYX purchase”, and there I was, bought over by the caption, and I bought exactly $25 worth of NYX Cosmetics. Partly because I am so spoiled for choice! There’s simply too many lipsticks and too many colors that I wanted! It was hard for me to even capped at $25, I was going way over this amount. At least I held back in the end!
NYX Cosmetics 2 Piece Gift Set | Value: USD12.00
- NYX Cosmetics Black Label Lipstick Frosted Pink
- NYX Cosmetics Single Eye Shadow Golden Sky
Below are the items that I’ve purchased from Beauty Encounter:
NYX Cosmetics Matte Lipstick – Angel | USD6
NYX Cosmetics Matte Lipstick – Tea Rose | USD6
NYX Cosmetics Extra Creamy Round Lipstick – Paris | USD4
NYX Cosmetics Retractable Eye Liner – Bronze | USD4.50
NYX Cosmetics Jumbo Eye Pencil – Cottage Cheese | USD4.50
I shall try them out, maybe tomorrow! 🙂
Overall, a wonderful shopping experience at Beauty Encounter, except that my NYX Matte Lipsticks were not twisted to a lock-position, so the Angel one’s tip was smeared. But it’s okay! I still like the products’ condition. It’s a pity that the samples ran out of stock, so I didn’t receive any samples. As for vPOST, I feel that the shipping fees are slightly overcost. If not for the promotion, it would be way over my personal expectation. vPOST took 6-7 days to ship my things from US to SG, which was within the expected time frame. In general the shipping procedure was smooth. But considering the costs, I might choose an alternative!
Stay tune for reviews on the following products:
- Neutrogena Instant Lip Remedy
- NYX Cosmetics Black Label Lipstick – Frosted Pink
- NYX Matte Lipsticks – Tea Rose X Angel
- NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick – Paris
- NYX Cosmetics Retractable Eye Liner – Bronze
- NYX Cosmetics Jumbo Eye Pencil – Cottage Cheese
Follow me on INSTAGRAM (summereminisce) | TWITTER (@SummerReminisce) | WORDPRESS to receive the latest updates! 😀